Thymewarp

Frog, Funeral and Friends

Its been a mixed-up few days with the loss of an Art School buddy acting as the catalyst to bring us all together one more time. We have all vowed to keep in touch more, I hope we can but we shall see…

I’ve made progress in the garden despite not being able to bend down, friends have helped and I am caught up with the season again.


There are peas to be planted today and tomatoes to be potted and the dye seeds arrived in Thursday’s post.

I made time this morning to find my frog and catch her before she slid into the green depths of her amphibian day.



My dragon went backwards, I unpicked a large area I was not happy with. I felt that the stitching should more closely follow the warp and weft of the cloth. My first attempt had gone ‘wonky’ which I didn’t like. I straightened everything and it is much prettier now. The blue wing is not perfect, but it was my first ever attempt at this technique, so it stays, to demonstrate how much I am learning as I go.

Finally,
The reproduction Egyptian Vexillum is finished.
Done,
Over,
Fin.

Advertisements
This entry was published on September 26, 2014 at 10:56 pm. It’s filed under Embroidery, frogs, Gardening, Living History, Painting, Roman and tagged , , , , , , , , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink. Follow any comments here with the RSS feed for this post.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: